GENCFO is the trading name of Generation CFO Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales, company registration number 11898169.
Our registered address is 20 Horsham Road, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 2JD
This Privacy Notice explains how Generation CFO (“GENCFO” “we” or “us”) will process your personal information for the purposes of marketing, communications and events.
General Data Protection.
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) Data Protection Act 2018, and California Consumer Privacy Act 2018 impose certain obligations on data controllers and gives certain rights to data subjects.
Data controllers must have a legal basis to process personal data.
The GDPR defines “personal data” as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (a “data subject”). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person.
The GDPR also sets out grounds for processing “sensitive personal data”, which includes information about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health or condition or sexual life, genetic data or biometric data.
What information do we collect?
If you have signed up to our newsletter, other publications, or events such as webinars, and podcasts, we will collect the following:
- Your name and email address as provided by you when you sign up
- Information relating to your marketing preferences
If you attend a GENCFO event or otherwise meet with us, or if you are referred to us by an intermediary, we may also collect information relating to:
- Contact details such as your address, email address, telephone numbers, job title and organisation
- Information relating to GENCFO events you have attended, meetings or conversations you have had with us, newsletters or other materials we have sent to you
- Any other information you choose to share with us
If you access our website:
- Google Analytics – When you access our website we collect certain non-personally identifiable information using Google analytics about your computer hardware and software. This information may include: your IP address, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times and referring web site addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service and to provide general statistics regarding use of www.generationcfo.com
We may collect this information from different sources as follows:
- Directly from you
- Third parties who refer you to us
- Online information sources such as LinkedIN Google Analytics and Cookies as described above
Why we collect and use your personal information
We will use your information for the following reasons, and on one or more of the following grounds:
- Consent – When you sign up to receive newsletters or other publications you explicitly consent to us processing your information for the purpose of providing these materials to you
- Legitimate Interests – Business Development: To contact you about events, articles or news regarding topics of interests, education and our services. / To contact you about informative events and seminars. / To develop networks and business relationships. / To enable us to identify and advance new business opportunities. / To enable us to evaluate marketing strategy and plan future events or business development activities. / To enable us to track use of our website and interaction with content
Sharing and transferring data
We may share your information with companies who provide services to us or on our behalf such as venues and event organisers. We will only provide those companies with information they need to deliver the specific services and they will be prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
Your information may be stored and processed in the United Kingdom or any other country in which GENCFO or its affiliates, agents or consultants maintain facilities (including the US), and by providing any information to us you consent to any such transfer of information outside of the European Economic Area.
GENCFO may also disclose your information to other third parties if required or permitted to do so by law.
Storage and Data Retention
We will not keep personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the purpose or purposes for which that personal data was originally collected, held, and processed.
We will retain data for as long you consent to receive marketing from us or for as long as we have a legitimate interest in retaining it.
As a data subject you have rights in relation to your information. You can:
- Request access to personal data we hold about you and request a copy of your data
- Request rectification of incorrect or incomplete personal data
- Object to processing of your data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data
- Request portability of your personal data
If have any questions about how we use your information, or if you would like to make a request in relation to your rights as described above, please contact us:
Email: [email protected]
Head of Risk and Compliance
20 Horsham Road,
Surrey RH4 2JD