Joining me today is Henri Taipale, reluctant accountant, now accounting Entrepreneur, who moved from Tax to Analytics to CEO of Qvalia who talks about his finance career journey and the trends around his move to start up!
“I never liked accounting… challenge why we do things in the way we do them!”
Listen as Henri and I talk about how CFOs drive innovation in business, and challenge conventional thinking of our role in Finance.
Sponsored by SSON Week
Continue reading “S1 E16 – Henri Taipale, From Tax to Analytics to CEO of Qvalia, Finance Innovator #CFOchat”
Culture trumps strategy, right? Finance and the Millennials
This premium event featuring a lively debate with four leading CFOs, chaired by Christopher Argent, founder of Generation CFO who’s transformation projects include John Lewis, Amazon and Vodafone. The panel will reveal simple changes we need to make and where our focus needs to be, to move fast and to remain relevant.
Get your ticket here
Our expert opener and panellist will include;
- Malcolm Finn | Head of Financial Reporting, Vodafone
- Talita Ferreira | Transformation Consultant, former CFO, BMW
- Christian Jennings | CFO, Virgin Experience Days
- Gabriele Hannen | CFO and Executive Coach
- Mitan Patel | FP&A professional and co-host of the “Strength in the Numbers” podcast
Continue reading “Next London #CFOdebate – 20th June 2019”
By Chris Argent, Founder, Generation CFO
I think the marketeers have got us accounting and finance people wrong…
The current messaging around technology adoption seems to be driven by three fairly negative statements;
- accountants and finance are missing out on all new technology benefits
- they are all doing something wrong or badly
- what we are doing is going to be automated; redundancy is imminent!
Whilst parts of these messages are possibly true, life isn’t so black and white, life isn’t changing at break neck speed and there is always another way of seeing the problem (and solution) especially if you know the profession as I do (and not just the marketing keywords).
Who’s to blame? Continue reading “Automation redundancy is fake news – here’s why – Part One”