Generation CFO LIVE brings finance leaders together to discuss the future of the finance function.
As we face a tough and uncertain 2021, we need the best tools and skillsets that we can get our hands-on. Technology offers us a lot of opportunities to enhance our ability and add-value, but getting the right solutions in place – and using those solutions effectively – is easier said than done.
Generation CFO LIVE, in association with ACCA, will attempt to address some of these issues. It will also outline some of the common career paths that finance professionals can take. GenCFO’s Chris Argent and Mark Cracknell will be joined by finance leaders such as:
- Baron Anyangwe, head of finance operational excellence at Marks and Spencer
- Louise Burke, CEO of the Open Data Institute
- Simone Collins, senior finance analyst at Sony
- Jonny Jacobs, EMEA FD at Starbucks
- Jonathan Smare, finance transformation lead at Amazon Web Services
- Hayley Martin, head of reward at Costa Coffee
- Woody Ruane, finance transformation director at John Lewis Partnership
- Zoe Cooke, head of FP&A, MiQ
- Ranu Sharma, head of international operation and technology finance, Vocalink
In a recent article, ACCA outlined five career zones of opportunity for finance professionals in a digital finance function. Generation CFO LIVE focuses on three of these strands:
The business transformer
“The architect of organisational change”. Business transformers drive strategy, supporting sustainable businesses for the future. They may lead innovative smaller accountancy firms or SMEs, but they could also explore careers in advisory or business transformation.
The data navigator
“A true business partner”. Data navigators see extraordinary opportunities from the growth of data. They use emerging analytical tools to drive insights that deliver business outcomes. They champion ever-growing multi-rich data sets and use smart data to generate brilliant forward-looking analysis to support decision making.
The digital playmaker
“A technology evangelist”. Digital playmakers champion technology adoption and data governance within the organisation. They see remarkable possibilities with emerging digital tools in transforming the organisations in which they work.
The event will comprise of a series of panel discussions from leaders in technology and finance and will take place on 24 and 25 February. Book your place here.